Government bonus for keeping furloughed workers on
More good news for employers who keep on previously furloughed workers til the end of January 2021.
The Job Retention Bonus (JRB) will be awarded to employers who keep previously furloughed workers on.
What can employers claim?
Claim £1,000 for each eligible employee who has been furloughed
Only if the employee is still continuously employed by 31 January 2021
What is an eligible employer?
- All employers are eligible, including recruitment agencies and umbrella companies
- Employers should have complied with all PAYE duties, and pay and file on time with HMRC
- You must keep your payroll up to date and comply with all HMRC requests for missing info
- You will have a UK bank account
What is an eligible employee
- They’ve previously been furloughed under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Employees must earn at least £520 per month between 1 November 2020 and 31 January 2021
- Employees furloughed after 10 June, for reasons of paternal leave, or serving as a military reservist are also eligible
- Employee transfers under TUPE are also included
How do you apply?
- Full guidance is expected by the end of September 2020, so check back then.
- You will be able to claim JRB from HMRC from February 2021.
What can you do now?
- Check out our blogs on:
- Make sure your employee and PAYE records are up to date
- Make sure your filings with HMRC are up to date
- Ask us for help and support.