Making Tax Digital – Are You Ready to get Started?
Making Tax Digital starts 1 April 2019 for all VAT Registered Businesses. Are you ready to get started?
In our latest Making Tax Digital blog we can announce that Xero’s Making Tax Digital Pilot is now live, so you can jump onboard!
Who can join the Making Tax Digital Pilot?
Any business with up to date VAT returns and VAT payments, with turnover over £85,000 (the current VAT threshold).
What do you need to do first?
- Make sure you’re a client of ours (at the moment you need to sign up to the HMRC/Xero Pilot through your Xero Accountant
- Give us the nod to say you want to join the pilot.
- Make sure you’re using MTD compliant online accounting software (for us it’s Xero, beautiful accounting software)
- Get a clean bill of health from us to say you’re Xero is nice and tidy.
What happens next?
- We’ll make sure that you’re signed up properly with HMRC for the MTD pilot.
- We’ll also make sure we switch you over to the new MTD VAT return experience in Xero.
- Yes! Make sure you keep an eye out from emails from us as we move you over to the HMRC and Xero MTD Pilot.
- Get excited!
- Feel smug that you’re ahead of the game, and won’t be panicking on 1 April 2019!
- And do keep asking questions. We’ve got this, and we’ve got you, but it’s important that you have no worries or concerns, so questions are good.
There’s no such thing as a stupid question!
All you need to do now is have a chuckle at Xero’s new MTD Mascot Dexter! Making Tax Less Taxing.
Thank you for reading. Email Sharon if you’d like to sign up to the HMRC / Xero MTD Pilot.
Kinder Pocock are an approachable cloud-savvy firm of accountants based in Herefordshire but supporting businesses on the move.
We specialise in Security, Design and Indie Hospitality businesses.
Contact Us to see how we can help