6 Tools to Help You Run Your Business on the Move
In our modern and fast-moving business world it’s essential that you can work effectively from wherever you are, without being chained to your desk.
Working efficiently will not only improve your profits and cashflow, but it will mean your customers are happy because you can look after them and access their data any time, any where.
We know this because we work in the cloud and are often out and about talking to clients, or working from different locations. So why don’t we share with you our 6 top tools for working on the move:
1. Xero is beautiful online accounting software. It is accessible easily from any browser, without having to download any software, making it very accessible, but it also has a fab and very easy to use app. You can raise invoices from the app, reconcile your bank account, raise expense claims and access all your contacts. We are hugely proud to be Xero Gold Partners, with Sharon being named Xero UK’s Most Valued Professional 2016.
2. If you are out and about, whether in your own vehicle, or using public transport, you will know the feeling of having piles of scrunched up receipts – either filling up your glove box or your wallet/purse. Well you can throw these receipts away once you have taken a photo using the Receipt Bank app. You can also forward invoices that you have received by email straight to a dedicated Receipt Bank email address. As Receipt Bank Sterling Silver Partners we use it all the time, and have many clients who love its simplicity.
Receipt Bank extracts the important info from the invoice or receipt, and sends the transaction straight to Xero. It also attaches a pdf of the invoice or receipt to the transaction in Xero. As an aside this works wonders for us as your accountants, as we can see your paperwork without having to ask you for it.
3. GoogleApps includes many amazing apps. Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive – these 3 apps alone mean that the whole team have access to key information from any device. We can all see everyone’s calendar entries, and can add and edit when necessary. Google Drive online document storage means that we have instant access to our own and client data, and it’s super easy to share documents too.
Google Keep is a great note keeping tool, which you can share, label, record audio and photos, love it. Google Hangouts means that texting, chatting and video calling can be done from any device. We also use Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms. Our GoogleApps account is managed and supported awesomely by Appamondo.
4. Chaser is a fabulous credit control tool that is completely customisable and simply put automates the chasing your unpaid sales invoices while you are busy elsewhere. It replicates your chasing style and chases customers exactly when and when you want it to. Polite persistence pays!
5. neatly connects your Xero account to view a wide range of data important to your business, and compares it next to a diverse choice of metrics, including social media, google analytics, ecommerce and so many more. With neatly, you can view data from multiple systems, and multiple companies, all with just one login.
6. Last but not least is the Kinder Pocock App! This handy free app has loads of really useful functions, including a mileage tracker and links to pay HMRC . Not only does it link you straight to us, to Xero, Receipt Bank, Chaser and many more of our favourite apps, but from your phone you will now have immediate access to interest rates, tax deadlines, and 15+ handy calculators.
Happy Apping! Do get in touch if you have any questions, or want to find out more!
Thank you for reading.